Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 29: Millbrae to Foster City






Day 29:  Millbrae to Foster City
May 30th, 2017

13.92 miles in 6 hours 27 minutes

A lot of today's hike was through the hotel wonderland south of the airport.   As you can see on the map below this is really straight east of the airport, but it is always hard for me to think of 101 as running anything but straight north and south.  At the Embassy Suites I warmed up with some coffee from their buffet as I sat down to do some programming for the day.


Benihana's on the Bay


Coyote Point is the most dramatic outcropping of of hills reaching the bay.  When I walked through it looked like there was a landscape painters meet up, with each picking their desired combination of trees, landscape, harbor, and bay to render.


Coyote Point


One of the larger landfill hills I've come across is between Coyote Point and the San Mateo Bridge in San Mateo.  They have it covered with kinetic sculptures that oversee the wind surfers and kite boarders down below.  None were out today, not because of lack of wind, but because of low tide.


Kinetic sculptures on San Mateo landfill hill


I was somewhat surprised how far I got by the end of the day, to a suburban shopping complex on the bay in Foster City.  To celebrate my trek being all but over I brought family out to dinner for ramen right here, to give them a chance to stare at the bay a little bit too.


Going out for Ramen



Day 29:  Millbrae to Foster City


    Starting Balance                                        6.47
  • Uber to Sequoia Station Caltrain                        7.29
  • Starbucks Decaf and Sausage Egg Breakfast Sandwich      5.40  
  • Samtrans Busses home                                    5.10
    Ending Balance                                         24.26


Kombucha of the Day -- Grape Cherry with Ginger Ale






Voice Notes:

At the bay today the wind dies away.

I don't have up-to-date knowledge of computing, I have future knowledge of computing.


I really think it was the high-voltage towers that go down the west side of the bay that turned me away from looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...