Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 0: Circle the Bay Part Two

Day 0:  Circle the Bay Part Two


I am about to embark on a new trip to visit other bays across the country.  I will post a blog entry after each day of travel.  My black 2017 Toyota Prius is packed with camping gear, running gear, and an antique pedal driven sewing machine I'm returning to the Midwest.  That loaded down I'm sure I won't see 50 miles per gallon, but I'm hoping the automated cruise control will keep me up to 45 mpg.

Antique Pedal Driven Sewing Machine
After hiking around the entire San Francisco Bay Trail in April and May of this year (2017), I never wrote a summary blog post that revisited that trip.  It really changed my perspective on the Bay as a whole.  I've had this tweet pinned at the top of my Twitter profile (sejwords) since then:


Since then I've been training for this upcoming Ragnar trail run in the north woods of Wisconsin.  Luckily there have been a few trail runs in my running club this summer, the latest being the inaugural Sweeny Ridge 5K Trail Run that starts at Skyline College and goes up to the ridge where the Cold War ruins of a Nike missile site can be seen.  The race director said this was like a mini Double Dipsea, and the club should know having invented that race.

View from Sweeney Ridge, San Mateo County, Looking Toward San Bruno Mt.



 Ragnar Trail Northwoods

I'm off to visit more of the United States, from Bay to Bay.  This post is an attempt to kick start the writing juices as needed, to write in a form longer than 140 characters. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...