Friday, June 29, 2018

Day 22: Lake Merritt Channel to Damon Slough



Day 22: Lake Merritt Channel to Damon Slough
(Oakland to Oakland)
Circle The Bay Part 3
June 27th 2018

6.8 miles in 1 hrs 13 mins

(Total:  238.8 miles in 59 hrs 40 mins)


For this East Bay segment of my bay circumnavigation, I've been crawling down the Richmond to Warm Springs BART line, one, two, or maybe even 3 stations at a time.  Today I started at Lake Merritt BART, then hugged the Oakland shoreline from Jack London Square to the Oracle Arena, former home of the Golden State Warriors, but you really can't tell yet as huge graphics of the stars who won another championship stare over I-880.  

I catch the 11 AM Caltrain to get to BART.  I could transfer at Millbrae, but what the heck, I rather enjoy the bike ride up the Embarcadero, excitedly dodging pedestrians and scooters and runners and other bikes to make it to the Embarcadero BART station.  When I get to the start of the day's ride (which was close by today), I bike down the Bay Trail or as close as I can muster until around 2 PM, at which time I try to make it back to BART in time to catch the 3:34 PM southbound Caltrain.  If I miss the 3:34 my trip home is delayed by an hour because the next train is an express that doesn't stop in San Carlos or Redwood City.

The result is I don't bike that long for that far.  But it is still worth it, with an hour or two bike ride I have enough material to write about for that day, and I get to enjoy all the getting to and from the trail as well.

Lake Merrit Channel


Non Canadian Geese

I-880 arching next to the Embarcadero

New Development at Clinton Basin



Trail Closed for Construction at Clinton Basin

"Camping" along the Bay Trail


American Vulture



Lunch Stop



No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...