Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 3: Oakland to Richmond


Week 3: Oakland to Richmond
April 24th thru 27th, 2017

34 miles (132 Total)
19 hours and 0 minutes (72 hours 48 minutes Total)

Richmond has been a real eye opener during this week, an incredibly beautiful, and historic waterfront, one of the few deep water ports of the bay.  Something worth getting off I-80 to see.  Problem is anytime I'm on I-80 in the East Bay it is always the start or the end of a long road trip.

Off the trail on Friday, I was psyched to hear about a band called Moon Hooch playing the Great American Music Hall on Friday Night.  Hooch in the name caught my attention, given my interest in fermentation, but then I realized I had seen these guys online a while back in an NPR Tiny Desk concert.  For some reason this music hits my sweet and sour spot.




But I couldn't find anybody to go with me to that show, because the likely son, Peter, was busy with his band Wicked Man, at a festival in Boulder Creek raising money and awareness for disabled people.  Sounds like a lot of fun was had, and the car came home decorated with spurts of festive green paint.


Wicked Man and Others at DIO Fest

But I did find someone (my wife) to go with me to see our friend Rodney play Cafe Stritch in San Jose.  During the show Rodney asked me to grab a whiskey bourbon for him, but I forgot by the time the bartender finally turned his attention to me, and ordered a whiskey sour.  Which made it sweet, which he didn't mind.






And the person who introduced us to Rodney put out a song from his forthcoming album on the same day, which in my mind went along with all the other music being made in the Bay Area that night.  Not easy to explain the inventiveness and creative splash I like to hear in music.  But Jared finds that tasty stuff quite often.



Accounting: 

    Starting Balance                                      (61.42)
  • Uber Earnings over the weekend                         (7.39)
    Ending Balance                                        (68.81)

Kombucha of the Weekend -- Pineapple Cherry

Voice Notes:

nada

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...