Monday, October 9, 2017

Day 11: Back to The Bay


Day 11:  Back to The Bay
Oct. 7th 2017
(Circle the Bay Part Two)


403 miles in 9 hours



(Total 4865 miles in 100 hours)


At 3:30 AM I woke up and got out of my tent.  The night was so warm and bright, the full moon in the middle of a perfectly clear sky.  Realizing I wasn't falling asleep soon, and seeing that well, I packed up the tent and crawled out of the campground by 4 AM.

I drove through the Mojave Desert before sunrise.  There were active red-lights marking the hillside by Edwards Air Force Base.  Do the locals have to stare at these lights every night, or were they using the airbase at that time of night?

Having crossed through the strangeness of Utah and Nevada, California felt very comfortable.  We have no water but who cares, we have technology!  As soon as I can I'll have to go for a run down by the bay.  To say hello again.

Sausage and Egg McMuffin Breakfast with Internet
Central Valley Orchard along I-5

Life in the I-5 Fast Lane

Pacheco Pass Oak Woodland
Home Again
Song of The Day:  Hang in Long Enough, Phil Collins


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...