Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Day 24: Oakland Airport to Heron Bay



Day 24: Oakland Airport to Heron Bay
(Oakland to San Leandro)
Circle The Bay Part 3
July 3rd 2018

10.3 miles in 1 hrs 33 mins


(Total:  260.6 miles in 63 hrs 38 mins)


I've simplified the daily post for this bay circling blog.  A cover shot, title with stats and map, the day's writing, and then a series of captioned pictures of various size and topic, that may or may not extend the writing above them.

The unique thing about today's ride is that I did not take public transit to get on the trail for the first time.  I had to pick up 24 cases of 2 gallon compostable BioBags near 98th St. in Oakland, so I drove to the warehouse, filled up the Prius, and then parked it at Oakland Airport where I had finished the previous day.

Then I slowly explored the San Leandro Marina, wondering if my Mom had spent time here as a teenager visiting California to help her sister with a new baby.  She said she wasn't that much help, so I imagine she found her way at least once to look at the bay (as scared of water as she was).  Then I'm sure she dismissed it as looking just like a big lake, or even a Great Lake, but oh well.

When I finished the day at the very suburban Heron Bay, I biked to the Bay Fair BART stop, rode BART to the Coliseum stop, and took the Oakland Airport BART extension back to my car.  I like when plans come together, for travel and business.





Bike and Bayside Tree


Bay Trail Adjacent Building

San Leandro Marina

Covered Mooring at San Leandro Marina


Exercise Trail in San Leandro

Practicing Drums by the Bay



San Leandro Marina

Bay Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...