Monday, July 16, 2018

Day 25: Heron Bay to Highway 92


Day 25: Heron Bay to Highway 92
(San Leandro to Hayward)
Circle The Bay Part 3
July 11th 2018

6.3 miles in 1 hrs 14 mins


(Total:  266.9 miles in 64 hrs 52 mins)





I usually write the last blog entry while on public transport back to the start of the next day of riding.  I'm writing this as I sit on the AC Transit M bus, which is taking me across the San Mateo Bridge to near the Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center right off CA 92.  My bike is loaded on the front of this bus.  We'll see how it survives achieving freeway speeds while flying over the bay.

This trek along the bay was mostly a rugged dirt and gravel trail.  Crazy to think anyone would ever commit to hiking these long miles on foot.  Traveling them on a bicycle is a quick tour with great views.

I've also been trying on this circumnavigation to use geographical place names to depict the start and end of each ride.  But in this case I used CA 92 which crosses the San Mateo Bridge as significant enough of a feature to merit naming.

I'm over the bridge now, and have to publish and sign off quickly so I don't miss my stop.  It will be a while before I get back to finishing this trek. In the meantime,  enjoy the pictures.

Start At Heron Bay

Typical Contained Slough with Bay Trail Bridge

Marine Mural on Water Treatment Plant

Tide Flowing Back In



Longest Bay Trail Walkway I Remember

Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center



No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...