(Circle the Bay Part Two)
390 miles in 8 hours
(Total 3493 miles in 70 hours)
Album of The Day: Morph The Cat, Donald Fagen
I camped at a reservoir in the middle of the Kansas high plains and woke up to steady rain that luckily was not flooding the grassy knoll I chose to pitch the tent. I found out with this new 2-man tent I have that you can take down the tent while keeping up the rainfly.
| Tent Down, Rainfly Still Up |
| Wilson State Park, Kansas |
| Kansas High Plains |
Denver was 400 miles down the road, so I found an AirBnB near downtown. I walked from the Highland neighborhood, across I-25, the river, and the tracks into lower downtown. Then I kept on walking all the way thru upper downtown to the Colorado State Capitol, which sits on the biggest hill in town.
![]() |
| Pedestrian Bridge over South Platte River |
![]() |
| South Platte River, Denver Colorado |
![]() |
| Union Station, Denver Colorado |
| Colorado State Capitol |
| USGS Mile High Proof |
Worn out enough, I took an Uber to the Nocturne Jazz club that featured a double-drummer show that honored Max Roach, Charles Mingus, and Duke Ellington. There was a lot of color and story to listen to in the interplay between the drummers. I was lucky to be at that show.
![]() |
| Nocture Jazz Club, Denver |
Album of The Day: Morph The Cat, Donald Fagen






No comments:
Post a Comment