Thursday, October 5, 2017

Day 8: Mile High City




Day 8:  Mile High City
Oct. 4th 2017
(Circle the Bay Part Two)


390 miles in 8 hours

(Total 3493 miles in 70 hours)


I camped at a reservoir in the middle of the Kansas high plains and woke up to steady rain that luckily was not flooding the grassy knoll I chose to pitch the tent.  I found out with this new 2-man tent I have that you can take down the tent while keeping up the rainfly.  


Tent Down, Rainfly Still Up

Wilson State Park, Kansas
Kansas High Plains

Denver was 400 miles down the road, so I found an AirBnB near downtown.  I walked from the Highland neighborhood, across I-25, the river, and the tracks into lower downtown.  Then I kept on walking all the way thru upper downtown to the Colorado State Capitol, which sits on the biggest hill in town.


Pedestrian Bridge over South Platte River

South Platte River, Denver Colorado

Union Station, Denver Colorado
Colorado State Capitol

USGS Mile High Proof

Worn out enough, I took an Uber to the Nocturne Jazz club that featured a double-drummer show that honored Max Roach, Charles Mingus, and Duke Ellington.  There was a lot of color and story to listen to in the interplay between the drummers.  I was lucky to be at that show.


Nocture Jazz Club, Denver

Album of The Day:  Morph The Cat, Donald Fagen



No comments:

Post a Comment

TAGQ Episode 10: Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't

 TAGQ Episode 10:  Cartoon Penguin Rock Stars and The Winter That Wasn't Sparky the Fire Chief Sparky The Penguin from Tom Tomorrow (Dan...